Type of Job
January 4, 2023 at 8:00:00 PM
About the job
This position is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This is a part time (20 hours per week) position with an expectation to be on campus in Encinitas, CA the majority of those hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs month end close process. Ensures all monthly posting is completed according to the month end schedules.
• Reviews bank statements, researches discrepancies, and reconciles accounts with general ledger; communicates discrepancies or problems to CFO and work to resolve.
• Performs monthly reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts and any income statement account as determined by CFO.
• Maintains accounting records to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
• Accounts Payable
Reviews all invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval.
Ensures invoices are coded to the appropriate general ledger and budget codes.
Enters invoices in QuickBooks ensures invoices are paid in a timely manner.
Reconciles vendor statements and researches and resolves any outstanding account balances.
Ensures disbursements comply with operating procedures and prepares weekly check runs.
Prepares 1099 and 1096 forms to IRS.
• Accounts Receivable
Ensures invoices are accurate as well as creates and sends monthly statements to students.
Assists in creating and follows procedures for processing cash receipts and creating cash journal entries in QuickBooks for tuition, donations, lease income, and other miscellaneous income on a daily basis.
Records revenue accurately and according to the revenue recognition policy. Works with Development department on monthly revenue reconciliation.
Collaborates with program management to maintain grant reconciliation.
• Transcribes payroll entries into accounting system from payroll system.
• Engages in critical and confidential aspects of accounting and payroll.
• Assists with the preparation of the annual budget.
• Assists with year-end audit.
• Documents procedures and policies.
• Works on special projects assigned by the CFO.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 3-5 years of related accounting experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• Non-profit experience highly desirable
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• General knowledge of nonprofit organizational practices
• Understanding of GAAP and GAGAS compliance
• Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Strong proficiency with demonstrated experience in QuickBooks
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking, problem solving, and multi-tasking- meeting tight deadlines when they come up
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace
$23-25 per hour depending on experience
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Occasionally lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and balances objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
CIHS is a mind, body, spirit not for profit (501-c-3) university that provides students with a multi-dimensional academic experience that bridges science and spirituality. We are a graduate school and research center, as well as a public learning community, on a mission to illuminate humanity through research-informed programs in integral health, integral noetic sciences, and psychology. We strive to equip and matriculate students with a deeper understanding of the nature of reality; and with the skill set to contribute to the betterment and sustainability of a global society.