Theory and Practice of the Chakras
with Paul Grilley
April 22 & 23, 2017
9am to 5pm
(with 2 hours lunch break between 12pm to 2pm)
- Registration fee for outside community members: $375
- For CIHS graduate students: Two unit academic course credit fee: Registration due date: March 24th.
with Gentle Thunder
April 26, 2017
Community Lecture Event
Journey into the Chakras
With Dr. Thornton Streeter
June 23, 2017
Dr Thornton Streeter and Kimberly Schipke will share 25 years of studying the Chakras and present his latest insights. We also present the Biofield Viewer that allows us to reveal the Chakras live in real time.
Celebrate with us, the Centre for Biofield Sciences, after 18 years of full time research at the UNESCO World Peace Centre, within MIT, Pune.
Forefront Consciousness & Healing Science Research: Reports from the Field
July 8 & 9, 2017
The California Institute for Human Science’s annual Summer Symposium 2017 will be Forefront Consciousness and Healing Science Research: Reports from the Field, July 8 and July 9, on our beautiful Encinitas Campus. CIHS welcomes your participation in our community of scholars. There is exciting work being done at the forefront of consciousness and healing research. This includes studies that explore subtle energy healing and intentionality, research into altered states of consciousness, in-depth research into ancient and contemporary healing practices, models of the subtle body, chi energy measuring devices research, and reflections on the ways these insights and praxis may serve to create a more healthful, peaceful, and just society
This conference seeks to investigate the relationship between the practice of subtle healing methods and their research. How might the practice of these methods be guided by what has been discovered through scientific research? How might subtle energy healing practices inform new ways of doing research? We invite presentation proposals on all subjects of consciousness and healing research that include both theory and practice. All proposals are to be sent to Proposals2017@cihs.edu
The deadline for proposals is May 1st.
- Professionals from all levels of higher education, including faculty, graduate students, alumni, staff, and administrators, are invited to submit proposals for consideration.
- Professional practitioners of holistic healing modalities are also invited to submit proposals for consideration.
- Proposals must indicate a session type: thematic, practice, interactive, or poster.
- Proposal length 150 to 250 words, plus a bio up to 150 words.
- Indicate whether you would like to participate also in a panel discussion overview of the Symposium general theme.
- The submission deadline is Monday, May 1st, 2017 at midnight PDT (07:00 UTC).
- The conference committee will begin reviewing proposals after May 1st. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of May.
- Proposals will be reviewed and selected by the conference committee.
- Up to four outstanding proposals will be granted free admission to the conference.
$560 including for 2 units academic credit. [$450 for grandfathered students.]
$430 Audit and general public.