Innovative residential and distance learning Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. degree programs in
Psychology (California Licensure track or Integral), Integral Studies, Integral Health (including Life Physics specialization), and Comparative Religion & Philosophy (including Yoga Studies Specialization).
We accept enrollment every quarter (per our Academic Calendar) from graduate and undergraduate students wishing to join our diverse student community at CIHS.
CIHS prides itself on evaluation of the whole student and his/ her experience. As such, GRE exams are not required. Each prospective student has a personal interview with the Deans and/or Program Directors. This interview, along with the other application materials, including a personal statement, form the basis of admission criteria to CIHS. We welcome all like-minds to apply.
An applicant may be admitted to CIHS full-time or part-time. Full-time students take a minimum of thirty-two (32) units per year. International students residing in the U.S. or students on a student (F-1) visa are required to attend school full time.
To be admitted to a Bachelor’s degree program, the applicant must hold an AA degree or have fulfilled up to one hundred thirty-five (135) GE credit units at an approved college.
To be admitted to a Master’s degree program, the applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to the degree program for which he or she is applying.
To be admitted to a PhD program, the applicant may be required to have obtained a Master's degree in the field for which he or she is applying. The applicant may be required to take an entrance examination.
To be accepted into one of CIHS degree programs does not necessarily guarantee the student will be granted admission to the other programs. Students who are awarded a degree program with CIHS may be granted admission to another degree program after fulfilling all admission requirements.
Applicants are required to provide their Social Security number in the Admission Application Form, according to Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Section 41201. The Social Security number is used to help CIHS identify student records, including academic transcripts.
To begin the application process, the following materials must be submitted to the CIHS Admissions Office via mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or online submission, with the exception of the letters of recommendation, which must be mailed.
Required Application Materials
1. A completed Application for Admission Form and Application Checklist Form, which can be download below or submitted directly online.
2, A current curriculum vitae;
3. Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can address your academic and/or professional qualifications; this form must be mailed to the following address:
California Institute for Human Science
701 Garden View Court
Encinitas, CA 92024
4. Official undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts mailed to the above address.
5. A personal essay in which you explain the reason (s) for seeking admission to CIHS. The essay should show evidence that you have read the CIHS website, understand CIHS’ statement of mission and goals, and have some knowledge of the field of study of the program for which you are applying. Explain how this program could add to your academic background and help you fulfill professional and/or personal goals. Suggested length of narrative: five pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, Font Size 12. Approximately 1,250-1,500 words.
6. A representative term paper or other sample of academic writing or publications.
7. Non-refundable application fees:
a. In-residence degree programs, U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents $65
b. All online degree program applicants $65
c. International applicants for in-residence degree programs $250
Completed forms and documents can be submitted via email to:
(click on the relevant form to download .pdf)