Thank you for choosing CIHS!
To begin the application process, the following materials (see the checklist below) must be mailed or emailed to the Admissions Office, with the exception of the two letters of recommendation, which must be mailed.
Our email address is:
Our mailing address is:
California Institute for Human Science
701 Garden View Court, Encinitas, CA
Application Materials Checklist
1. A completed Application for Admission Form and Application Checklist Form, which are combined in one PDF document. To download the Application for Admission Form and other forms, please click here.
2. A current curriculum vitae;
3. Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can address your academic and/or professional qualifications; this form must be mailed to the address above.
4. Official undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts;
5. A personal essay in which you explain the reason (s) for seeking admission to CIHS. The essay should show evidence that you have read the CIHS website, understand CIHS’ statement of mission and goals, and have some knowledge of the field of study of the program for which you are applying. Explain how this program could add to your academic background and help you fulfill professional and/or personal goals. Suggested length of narrative: five pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, Font Size 12.
6. A representative term paper or other sample of academic writing or publications.
7. Non-refundable application fees:
|a. In-residence degree programs, U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents||$65|
|b. All online degree program applicants||$65|
|c. International applicants for in-residence degree programs||$250|
Online international students who wish to change their status to in-residence (on-campus) will be charged an additional fee of $70. (International application in-residence fee minus the online application fee).