Message from the Dean
Hi CIHS Community,
Happy February! CIHS students are well into Winter quarter. Spring quarter courses will be announced in the March newsletter. Spring quarter registration is March 20-24, and Spring quarter begins April 3. We are excited to announce some new and interesting courses. This newsletter, we want to focus on our Annual Subtle Energy Science and Research Conference 2017 and the Request for Papers. We are excited to announce two keynote speakers so far, Dr. David Gruder and Dr. Shamini Jain. As a CIHS community member, we are looking forward to your participation, too, by sending in your proposals.
The California Institute for Human Science’s annual Summer Symposium 2017 will be Forefront Consciousness and Healing Science Research: Reports from the Field, July 8 and July 9, on our beautiful Encinitas Campus. CIHS welcomes your participation in our community of scholars. There is exciting work being done at the forefront of consciousness and healing research. This includes studies that explore subtle energy healing and intentionality, research into altered states of consciousness, in-depth research into ancient and contemporary healing practices, models of the subtle body, chi energy measuring devices research, and reflections on the ways these insights and praxis may serve to create a more healthful, peaceful, and just society.
This conference seeks to investigate the relationship between the practice of subtle healing methods and their research. How might the practice of these methods be guided by what has been discovered through scientific research? How might subtle energy healing practices inform new ways of doing research? We invite presentation proposals on all subjects of consciousness and healing research that include both theory and practice. All proposals are to be sent to Proposals2017@cihs.edu
The deadline for proposals is May 1st.
- Professionals from all levels of higher education, including faculty, graduate students, alumni, staff, and administrators, are invited to submit proposals for consideration.
- Professional practitioners of holistic healing modalities are also invited to submit proposals for consideration.
- Proposals must indicate a session type: thematic, practice, interactive, or poster.
- Proposal length 150 to 250 words, plus a bio up to 150 words.
- Indicate whether you would like to participate also in a panel discussion overview of the Symposium general theme.
- The submission deadline is Monday, May 1st, 2017 at midnight PDT (07:00 UTC).
- The conference committee will begin reviewing proposals after May 1st. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of May.
- Proposals will be reviewed and selected by the conference committee.
- Up to four outstanding proposals will be granted free admission to the conference.
- Includes a community social hour for networking.
The cost of 2 units academic credit.
For the general public, it will be the cost of a two unit audit course. Certificate of Completion will be issued if requested.
- The Conference will include interfacing with professionals, researchers, faculty, students, and the CIHS community. We will be hosting a social hour for networking.
We look forward to receiving your exciting ideas for presentations, which should have a theoretical and experiential/practical component and/or poster presentations. Please save the date for this exciting community event.